Vintage. Eclectic. Repurposed.

Mixed Media Art


I've always loved art and fossicking in thrift stores for art that I love at budget prices and recently I discovered mixed media art on pinterest and have fallen in love with it.

We all have different tastes but mixed media is something we can all do and there are a ton of youtube video tutorials to inspire and help with this process.

One of my favourite artists is Crystal Neubauer. Crystal uses things such as old photos, tickets etc. that people throw away and turns them into something beautiful. I'm always drawn to anything that we can recycle and repurpose and she does it so well. She believes that every piece is a part of someone's life and uses this to tell a story. In the words of the artist Edward Hopper "great art is the outward expression of an inner life in the artist". 

Now I want to share with you some serious eye candy, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do

























What did you think ?  I found them really helpful and they gave me inspiration to try different things and I have to admit some were pretty awful! I was determined to not let it get to me, after all we have to start somewhere and we can only improve...right?? Anyway I had lots of fun and even roped in a few friends to have an "art morning". There was a lot of laughter and even though they weren't masterpieces we came up with new techniques and ideas and decided to do it on a regular basis!! A good excuse to have fun, I say!! And we did! I might get up the courage to post a few at a later date hopefully after I've improved dramatically!


I'm going to share with you some quotes that inspire me in my day to day life and I hope they do the same for you













Well, I hope you have gained some inspiration and ideas, I know I need them, so until next time enjoy each and every day and have fun!




No comments

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments, so please share

Blogger Template Created by pipdig